Tuesday 28 January 2014

Valentine's Wishes and a Fun Fold

Hi everyone, Audrey from the Digital DT here with you today.   Still dealing with frigid temperatures here as my kids will be missing their 8th day of school this winter, and 4th in the last 6 school days ugh!  Additionally, this means 3 make up days over summer, boo!

Anyway, today I want to share a Valentine's card I made with a fun fold I discovered last week while going through some printouts I had in my craft drawer of cards I wanted to try.  Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the fold nor do I know where I got the idea from, so I apologize for that.  This fold is fun because it is pretty simple, but looks like it took more effort:)


I chose to use Valentine's as the inspiration for my card today, and I am using the digital stamp set Young Love by Crissy Armstrong available at Whimsy Stamps Store.  The set comes with 3 different digital images and I have merged them together using GIMP.    Image is colored with Copics and I also added Atyou Spica clear pen to the inside of the flowers for some added sparkle.  Then I cut the image out with scissors.  Sure hope you like it and will check out all the fabulous images available at Whimsy Stamps Store!!




3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Oh bless your children .......stunning card Audrey as always x

Mary Lou said...

Great card Audrey!! Love this CA image myself....cute as valentine!! Kids are out of school here too:(
Hugs

annewalker said...

That's a very lovely and cute card! I'd love it even more with some Valentines day wishes on it too. Thanks for sharing.

Anne walker
http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/valentines-day/valentines-day-messages.html